Sunday, August 13, 2006

i almost died

So, i woke up today... earlier than most days, and any one that really knows me well knows that i like my sleep. The more the better, and when its cut short, im really just not very nice at all. I rolled over, me and Christopher shared a nice little morning breath kiss, then some how miss coordinated our movements, and i SMOKED my nose on the back of his head so hard that i saw stars. I should have known then... but im a trooper so, i got up and tried to start breakfast. After trying to interact for a short 5 minutes i decided it would probably be a better idea (for me and the rest of the world) if i just went back to bed. So.. fully clothed in my SFU sweats -- hoodie drawn as far over my head as it would go, to try to cut out some light -- i went back to sleep. I got up a short hour later, with a splitting headache, and massive pain in my left eye. I went to the mirror, i was sure that i had hit my face so hard that i had a black eye, but thank god i didnt.. it was just the tiniest bit swollen. So.. i got up, made breakfast... the day was progressing much better with my second try at it, but my eye was seeming to get worse and worse. I took an extra strength advil, and layed down for a bit, and took a nap (sleep -- the cure for everything). I woke up, feeling much better the third time around now, and we got ready and went to go see the new Robin Williams movie, the night listener. I should have known that it was going to suck, just by my morning. OK, it didnt suck, but i was dissapointed. Thats a different story though, im telling a story about how i almost died. Dont you get me off track. OK.. where was i... Ohh yeah, ok so.. after the movie, my eye was reallly starting to hurt again.. my nose was starting to run.. i felt like i had a fever.. i thought maybe i was getting the flu or something. By the time we got home, it felt like i was gunna die.
I laid on the couch and considered going to sleep yet again, and seeing if a fourth try to the day may help my circumstances, but i just got an advil instead. I sat back down, took off my hoodie, and like a minute later, Christopher pointed at something on the carpet beside me and my hoodie and said "look". I looked.. it was a BEE.. a dead bee! He picked it up and threw it out, and you know what the fucker was missing? You got it kids, his stinger.. and you know where it was? Yup you guess it again, it was in my fucking bottom eye lid, like a millimeter from my eye. My hero pulled out the stinger, and it felt better right away... dont get me wrong.. it still hurts like hell.. but it doesnt feel like im going to die anymore atleast. So, im left wondering, when did the bee sneak into my hoodie? How did he sting me without me noticing? Would he have stung me if i didnt go back to bed? The only answer i could come up with is "damn, i hate bees".

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw honey! see, i always knew it- america is DANGEROUS! sure they always talk about car jackings and drive bys, but in the US you can get injured just by sleeping! it's a sign, a sign i tell you....move BACK! lol we don't have bees here, and the streets are all paved with gold (or cheese if you like fievel goes west!)tell C i say hi, and don't tell him about the moving stuff...i'll just deny it! LOL

love you sweet girl
kat

Oakley said...

um..are you allergic to bees? cuz like, i get stung by a bee and it numbs that spot and thats about it...?

itinerant_tee said...

im allergic to penicillin, and ive heard that those who are are most likely allergic to bees too. It sucks, cause its swollen today too, and hurts like hell... but aleast it didnt make my throat swell up, and kill me. But yeah, ive never been stung before so i dunno, and its never reallly come up in conversation, so i dont really know what the normal bee sting reaction is. I thought maybe i was having the reaction i was because the sting is on such a sensitive place and all.. who knows. Thank god for extra strength advil.

Anonymous said...

just goes to show. Never go back to bed.

T+M. K. said...

that sucks, even one of those fuck can ruin a day. When we went hiking on cougar mountain it was somebody's bright idea to take a "shortcut" off the trail. I was the second person in the procession. The guy in front of me stepped on the hole in which those black ground bees lived, and the swarm came out just as i was passing over the nest... i got 4 completed stings and about 10 attempted. shit i hate bees -- all of the stings got infected and were oozing weird liquids... Yum. and they were swollen & red too, for the first few days to around 4 inches in diameter, maybe even bigger.

one of the main components of bee venom, mellitin, is actually a highly basic peptide which is cytotoxic. Bee venom also contains several identified enzymes that further act to destroy tissue. Acting specifically on local pain receptors, this soup of reactive peptides can make the victim feel that massive damage has been done, even though the actual damage is minimal (thus the swelling and immune response)

itinerant_tee said...

lol... thanks "Bill Nye, the Science Guy"

Anonymous said...

so here i am, on a boring ass wednesday, being bored out of my mind. wrote some boring stuff in my blog... i am so sick of being in my head! so i come here, to see what my sweet girl is up to, only to find no new post! :( this is where i come to get all my entertainment and tiresa news..post something! sure, entertaining me might not be your fist priority, but it SHOULD be!!! (i'm so bored with my own life right now)let me live vicariously through you- it's what friends do! lol

oh, and i need your mom's addy( and yours) again, so i can post that stuff to you before i go!
love you

itinerant_tee said...

lol... Neets is that you???

Anonymous said...

t, you're not online, but i have to tell you before i burst!!!! i'm going to nz on tuesday!!! most of my money came through- enough for a ticket anyways, so YAYYYYYY!

love you
kat

itinerant_tee said...

I saw that on your LJ -- but i was on my way out the door so i didnt have time to reply. Im SO happy for you, and Goddamn you get to go for soooo long. Thats totally awsome. Ive been thinking about you and your cash and the government all week, hoping the best for you, so im really glad that it all worked out for the best. Where is your layover?

Oakley said...

only losers get stung by bees :-D

Anonymous said...

i have a 2 hour layover in LA...which i find to be one of the most confusing airports- i get lost- it's stressful for me, but no doubt hilarious to all the airport workers...lol

so you don't need me to get you mail? fuck, i'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off...but more blood. lol

i miss you
kat

itinerant_tee said...

how long is your layover?

Oakley said...

ima take a stab at it and say....2 hours?

Anonymous said...

lol, yea oak, something like that~ and since i find LAX so fucking confusing, i'm sure the whole time will be spent wandering aimlessly around in tears. sexy good times! lol

love you sweet girl
kat

itinerant_tee said...

i was hoping it would be like, 5 hours, i was thinking on trying to come down to meet you or something. But, thats not really enough time for you to be able to exit the terminal and get back in through security. Oh well.. maybe on your way back you can see about booking a long layover. I know your gunna have an awesome time -- im really happy that you get to go!

T+M. K. said...

hey t, there was s frikking anime convention at sfu -- they made a zoo. i posted some pictures -- truly disturbing