Saturday, July 22, 2006

T rides the short bus

Oh where to begin where to begin. I sure did have a full day today, starting with denny's breakfast (which is always a gong show in itself). After Breakfast we headed over to some department store, so i could get some clothes to help me tollerate this heat a bit better, and i swear the change rooms may as well have had a sign that said "Children's play area: No rules need apply" I mean it was seriously a free for all. There was this one little brat doing cartwheels down the corridor of the change room. Another one screeming and running around in circles. 2 kids holding another hostage in one of the change rooms by barring the door (which i have to admit i did find mildly amusing). I changed and got the hell out of there as soon as i could, but not before this one kid who was about 10 years old KICKED me! i dont know if she thought she was chuck norris, or if she was trying to immitate a ballerina.. but i seriously considered throat punching the brat. Hell if your old enough to start it, your old enough to get beat down. Right?
Later on that day, we were walking along in this parking lot and saw this really weird looking seagull. It was grey, and wouldnt fly away -- it was just kinda hopping along. Then out of no where this huge ass seagull dive bombs us, then lands on a roof of the building beside us and the grey gull. It started making this really strange noise, like a little bark almost -- over and over -- while staring us down. It was then we figured out that the grey gull was a baby, and the feirce beast must be its protective mother. I tried to convince Christopher to go after the baby, i wanted to see what lengths the mama gull would go to to protect her baby, plus ive never seen any one attacked by a gull and thought that it may be kinda funny... but C saw right through my demented plot and wanted nothing to do with it. We walked past the baby gull and just for good measure the mama bird flew RIGHT at us one last time, just incase we didnt get the picture. Seriously, the thing flew RIGHT over our heads, and only like a foot above us! I thought it was gunna seek revenge and shit on us, but, we made it out of the parking lot safe.
We wanted to find an air conditioned refuge, so we decided to go see that new movie Lady in the Water. It was way too hot to walk up to the theatre so we decided to head to the bus loop to see when the bus left. The one bus that goes to the mall runs like once an hour, and we had just missed it. But me being the bus expert i am, went to the board to see if another bus went along the route to the mall... eureka.. the #54 did, and it was scheduled to leave in 2 minutes. We looked around and no bus was in site... except for this SHORT bus. I swear.. it said "shuttle bus" on the side, but it looked like a handi-dart bus. It was a short bus there is no way around it. I mean, we even had to ask if it was a normal bus and whether it stopped at the mall or not. It did, so we rode the short bus to the mall, and saw the movie, which I liked much better than the Village (which doesnt say much i guess). I was able to enjoy it alot more after i threatened some abnoxious teenagers. Seriously, you know the annoying group of teens that travel in a pack of about 9? Well thats who was in my movie theatre today. About 3 random people shoooshed these kids throughout the show, till finally i turned around and said "seriously, you wanna SHUT THE FUCK UP?!" I made eye contact with this one boy -- I believe he was the ring leader -- for an uncomfortable amount of time, and they actually shut up for 10 whole minutes. When they began to pipe back up the people directly behind me said "SHUT UP! youve been told like 4 times now -- GOD!". I gave the ring leader another evil glance, and they all got up (all 9 of em) and slunk out of the theatre. I guess they felt the immintent danger of the theatre as the croud gained strenth in numbers as they turned on them. I mean shit, its not like they need to worry about missing the ending, they talked through most of it anyway.
So yeah, in summary: denny's, abnoxios kids beating me and almost getting beat back, seagull attacks, short busses, and threatening abnoxious teens. Hows THAT for a blog entry.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a story and a half. I wondered if you took the opportunity to tell Christopher about the time a pidgeon came for an overnight at our house. If you do please remember to put in the part about Fred whining all night with with his nose pressed to the crack of the door to the room where the pidgeon was staying, and how you laid on the stairs for hours begging me to let the pidgen come stay in your room all night.

itinerant_tee said...

You think id pass up the opportunity to tell him that your a pigeon killer?! Hell i told him that story LONG ago, but i did take yesterdays opportunity to refresh his memory as to how you like to kill innocent injured birds. And you dont have to tell me its you when you post, i dont think that there are many other people posting on my blog that kill animals that their children are trying to rescue.

Anonymous said...

LOL- where do i begin? you have an amazing gift for telling stories that literally make me laugh out loud! and the comments between you and your mom are priceless! (hi gerry!)

i LOVE that you're taking east side pride all the way down to the states! silly little american kids, thinking they're tough...mwahahaha! i should make you a shirt that says east van shitkicker, so at least they're warned before hand! naw, it's funnier this way!

i absolutely agree with you about the ballerina norris...kids wanna throw down should expect to get PUT down! if their moms won't control them, well then it's open season! lol

love you sweet girl
kat

Anonymous said...

oh, and about trying to lure C into the midst of a kamikaze seagull war... that's what love IS. it's perfectly natural to want to provoke an inter- species war, especially if it provides comic relief! if he wants to make you happy, he might just have to take a hit or two...love means compromise after all! if he REALLY wanted to make you happy....LOL
we're so much fun...romantics at heart really!

ttys darling
and my love to christopher and your mom!
kitty kat

Anonymous said...

A lovely story, and here's a tip for the future. Kids, like pidgeons taste great as a pie filler.
I was never one for following rules but I suppose in this case I should go through the proper channels. Meeting Katherine was a blessing. Never in my life have I ever felt so complete and at peace as she makes me feel. I can't imagine her not being a part of my life and I look forward to the day when I can can look over to her and see this beautiful woman, my wife. So with your permission I would very much want Kat and I to marry.
I look forward to meeting you very much as Kat talks about you with so much love. I would love to come to the wedding, any date set yet?

Kat's Dave.

Oakley said...

If i'm not invited to the wedding...well....ever seen the movie "Wedding Crashers"?

itinerant_tee said...

dave,
You seem like a sweet boy, and after saying such nice things about my kat, i cant see how i could refuse your request for her hand in marriage. Just remember 2 things. 1. shes my Kat, and 2. the warning i posted at her site -- believe me, it was no joke (even though i have a sneaky suspicion you may enjoy something like that, i mean if kat brings you "peace" you must be sadistic).. just kidding kat. Love you both, and im very happy you found each other.

itinerant_tee said...

lol oakley, i think ill have it when your in itally just so i can technically invite you, with out having you show up. Hows that sound?
hehe

by the way, oaks, do the nerd test - i have a sneaky suspicion youll score in teh high 90's

Oakley said...

good thing i'm never going to this "itally" you speak of.

itinerant_tee said...

itally, italy.. god you are so close your not within punching distance

itinerant_tee said...

er.. i mean lucky.. wtf. You got me all flusterd. I totally hate you

itinerant_tee said...

chill one,
I dunno if we should subject the other children to that type of horror.

Anonymous said...

isn't he so incredibly sweet? i told him to post stuff about how nice it is to know that I"M not the only canadian girl with violent tendencies...my violence is merely a cultural difference, and now i have YOU as proof! lol i also thought he might mention that seeing partners getting hurt must be a national source of amusement...i don't try to get wildlife to attack him...i just threaten to push him down the stairs! lol canadian girls DO kick ass- literally!

love you sweet girl
kat