Monday, July 17, 2006

blog experiments and death threats

OK, so awhile back I got a comment from this random person i didnt know regarding my creepy farting dude post. His name is morris (the stranger that left a comment, not the creepy farting dude).. upon reading his comment i realised that strangers could read my blog. Being the blog n00b that i am, i had not known that my blog could be viewed by people that didnt directly know my link. I didnt know i was listed in the blogspot.com listings or whatever they are called. Anyways, i checked out this guys blog, out of curiosity, and hes got this kinda neat experiment going on. Go to http://thegreatestblogexperiment.blogspot.com/ to check it out -- but basically its like a blog link page, to help increase traffic. I checked it out a few weeks ago, and he had like 10 posts (if that). Now, he's past 50. I found some interesting reading material there so far... and some crap, but i guess thats the way it is with life. So, some of you may be interested in this site -- others may not... but i figured that i'd give a post about it, as i have added him to my links list, and he is going to do the same for me.

As for life here... things are quiet, which is nice. But the down side of quiet is boredom. We have officially exausted all the things to do in monterey.. which really isnt alot. Being a fairly recent non-drinker Im finding it hard to adjust to finding things to do that dont include going to get wasted. What else is there to do in a military town? I mean, there are more bars here than there are gas stations, schools, and Mcdonalds all put together. I have to be honest, its hard not to fall back on drinking for something to do.

But, last night i had this dream that i got sooooo wasted that the day after i spent all day trying to figure out how i got a huge wad of cash in my pocket. I had pawned something very important and expensive off to someone, but because i was so drunk i couldnt remember what it was that i had sold. I woke up thankful that i dont have mornings where im trying to remember what i did the night before anymore, even if I do have some bored evenings. Ill take boredom over that shitty "what the hell did i do last night" feeling anytime -- some times it just takes a good nightmare to refresh your memory.

On a different note... I'd like to thank everyone that has taken the time to post comments in my blog. I feel so far away from home, from friends and family some times.. and i really get warm fuzzies when i read my comments. Keep em comming folks, cause if i ever get really really lonely and depressed.. and say i off myself.. you sure would feel guilty that you didnt post more often. Donchya think?

And yes mom.. i AM joking.

;)

18 comments:

morris said...

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for the link too. I actually got to your blog via the 'next blog' button in the top right corner originally.

Keep up the good work

cheers

Morris

Anonymous said...

Um ok T, you'd take boredom over that shitty "what the hell did i do last night" feeling?
Are you nuts, thats the best part, its great waking up on a sunday morning and your friends ring you and they like oh boy you really stirred shit up last night with what you did, didn't you? and your like wtf?!?
You never get bored because you spend all day working out what you actually did! or something like that.
Now where the hell did i put my beer? i had it last night...

itinerant_tee said...

LMFAO..
true true

Oakley said...

word of the wise from swamps......bloody hell :-|

Anonymous said...

Yea. Like Morris said. I clicked on the next blog button and went off on a site seeing trip.
Im not sure about Oakley. I'm holding out my analysis until I have further information to base an opinion on. Right now I'm leaning toward a diagnosis of "really weird."
Mmmm. swamps. Deeply freudian I think

ma

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, now that I know how to do it I left comments on every day. Not that they are earth shattering, but I might feel hurt if you didn't rush back and read every word I sort of wrote.

ma

itinerant_tee said...

lol.. your pretty much right about oakly.. but thats why we like him. And swampy -- he's just british -- so that everrything.

;)

itinerant_tee said...

er.. that pervious post is supposed to say "that explains everything" Its hard to come off funny when your burning some one, and you make a typo.

Anonymous said...

i adore you, yes yes yes i do...i didn't know your mum posted here! hi tiresa's mum!!!!!!!

kitty

Oakley said...

whoa t's mum....nice to meet you, you raised a cool daughter, and believe me, chris is much better than jessie.

itinerant_tee said...

ok, the J word is forbidden on this blog, okie dokie?

Oakley said...

what you mean jessie? jessie wasn't that bad of a guy, but he had a slight problem with getting up before 2pm. but really jessie was a cool guy, he just was jessie with a jess of a jessie jess jess. lol sry, im goin to hell already

itinerant_tee said...

your so lucky you dont live with in punching distance

Oakley said...

you think I would do something like that if I was? you crazy mang.

Anonymous said...

Anyone found my beer yet?

itinerant_tee said...

are y'all together in NY?? Damn i wish i was there with you!!!! I wish i was going to seattle to. GRRRRRR!!!

itinerant_tee said...

...and would that be Mr. cuervo, Mr. daniels, and Mr. beam?

itinerant_tee said...

If swampy is still there, tell him me and christopher say hi (he says to say hi to you too of course). Tell swamps that they should fly down for a few days... (or rent a car, its not that far of a drive). I mean hell, hes stopping in NY to see you, he can come here and see TWO people in one place. Hell thats as many as are going to be in seattle!