Tuesday, June 20, 2006

one week down, a lifetime to go


Well, my first week is officially over, and what better way to spend it than with canadian friends -- tom and mel -- who are in town on their honeymoon, traveling the west coast. They stopped into monterey for the night, we perused the farmers market (which happens every tuesday), then ate at papa chano's which is only the best mexican place ive EVER eaten at. And god did we eat. Then we went for ice cream and walked and talked. It was really great to see some familiar faces. Its like, when you go somewhere foreign you can sorta lose yourself; you question what it is to be you when the people you use to ground yourself arent around. It was awesome seeing them... it helped me to see that just because things and choices in my life are changing, i am still me... the witty girl we all know and love named susan.. oh, wait.. i mean tiresa.

5 comments:

Oakley said...

a tiger in a zoo is still a tiger.....or something like that.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you got to spend time with tom and mel- he seems really nice, so i assume she is as well! though of course i'm madly jealous that they got to see you- fuck, i miss you so much.
know that wherever you go in the world, you'll always be my favourite girl, on the whole planet.
-kat

itinerant_tee said...

I miss you too.. mel is totally awesome (for some one from quebec that is). And get this, she just started taking banjo lessons. How great is that? hehe..

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the comment about a tiger in a zoo. Is that because I'm to old or am I just losing it a little.
ma

itinerant_tee said...

.. is there an option C -- both A and B?