Monday, June 19, 2006

my landlord is mr furley


...and im totally not kidding... this afternoon I walked up the stairway to my apartment -- outdoor stairs that lead to the small hall that connects my apartment with the landlords -- as i get half way up the stairs i see a man with a california sun weathered face, knocking on my door. A man wearing 70's style large plaid patterned baige slacks. In fact, the pants were so stunning that i've forgotten what his shirt looked like. In one hand, he was was holding a crystal glass with 3 ice cubes and four fingers of burbon... a marlboro in the other. He stayed and spoke with me only briefly, yet he left an impression on me that is sure to last a life time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the way you describe things! you made me giggle with this post- an incredible feat during these dark days. you should SO be writing an article for the gleaner...big city canadian in small town usa....no pressure (yea right! lol)

kitty

itinerant_tee said...

lol kat... your one persistant motherfucker. I didnt write for the gleaner when i was at langara, why the hell would i do it now.. unless of course i get paid for it.

Btw...Im glad SOMEONE that reads my blog knows who mr furley was. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

you are soo cool to remember my furley. I'll bet no one else knows the same actor played the deptudy on the andy griffith show that starred ron howard as andy's seven year old son.

I think you should write for the gleaner. it would keep you busy and you are very funny. Good practice. you might find a new career. Does the town have a little newspaper????? Hmmmm????

ma

itinerant_tee said...

shoosh

Oakley said...

ok no, I knew the actor that played Mr. Furley, from andy griffith show, but I didnt know who the hell t was talking about until she posted the pic of him

itinerant_tee said...

sure sure.... *rolls eyes*