Tuesday, October 10, 2006

starting fights (a story for cheryl)

So.. theres one thing that im good at, and thats starting a good fight. Unfortunetly today, i started a fight, unbeknownst to me. A fight really isnt fun unless both parties are awear its happening. Otherwise, one side may be too in shock to be able to act accordingly as was the case today. This fine afternoon, i was taking a cab home from a long day at the doctors. OK.. wait. Lemme start at the begining. I had to go to the doctor today, its far enough away that i have to take a cab to get there (and back). The base sits at the top of the hill that i now live on the other side on, and the doctor's office is way on the bottom of the other side. So, when ever we need to go via cab into monterey, we just cut through the base (like i needed to do today). You just have to have base ID which me and christopher both have. Its NEVER a problem, the cabbies never really seem to mind -- they do however have to pop the trunk and their hoods to show they aint packing a car bomb -- but no biggie right? OK so, I go to the doctor, take a cab through base --which like always isnt a problem. The doctor's appointment is for an MRI for my knees which as some of you know have been bothering me on and off for just over a year now. So any way, i was under the impression that an mri was like some new age technology that would be speedy and .. all new-age-technology-like. WRONG. Its this huge bulky LOUD machine that takes FOREVER to take a series of pictures. I have no idea how many the thing actually takes but i was in there for like an hour and a half. The actual picture taking (and sitting perfectly still) lasted for about an hour. Not my idea of a good time. So, after this wonderful way to spend my afternoon, I walk to the place where cabs wait for fares, but there isnt any, so i call one. I give the dispatcher my location, and my destination which is right out side the back gates of the base. To cut through base, its like a 5 minute drive.. straight up the hill, in the main gate to the base, and right out the back and your at my place, or... you can go all the way around the base, down a road like robson street, with traffic galore, and tons of one way and "you cant turn here" streets - which takes about 15 minutes. So, when the cab gets there i say what i always do when i get in. I give em my address, and then let them know i have an ID that gets me through base, so id like to cut through. Often the cabbies ask if you can cut through, sometimes they dont... i figure they hope they get the more expensive go around fare. So ive learned just to let em know right away you got ID and you want the cheap direct route, no funny business. OK.. so i get in.. say my speal.. then ask the guy how his day has been, you know polite cabbie chit chat. He barks out back to me "it was fine until you asked to cut through the base" He was so rude about it i thought he may be kidding, then i thought maybe i was in one of those candid camera cars so i looked around, but no camera. He immediately launches into this lecture about how weird it is for me to ask to cut through base, and that no one makes requests like that. I politely said that as i dont have a car, and i live right on the other side of base, that i frequently take cabs through the base, and not one cabbie has said a word about it. All of this takes place in about 2 blocks. He was still ranting when i said, "look if its that much of a problem for you to go through base, just let me out here, ill call another cab".. i wasnt rude, though i should have been.. i really was just totally in shock about the whole thing. So he says to me that letting me out is a good idea, but he wants me to pay the 3.00$ - and let me tell ya, he wasnt asking nicely. I said "look, your the one with the problem here, im not paying you cause you dont want to take me where i want to go." He promptly pulled over, and said abruptly "get out" so i did. I was good too. I didnt slam the door, i didnt yell.. i didnt really say much. I got out my cell and called the cab company... and got the dispatcher on the line. Before i could tell him what had happened, he said to me that a replacement cab was on its way. He didnt appologise, he didnt even hear me out. THATS when i got mad. I was furious. And just at that second the cabbie that kicked me to the curb drove by, and thats when i gave him the finger. Unfortunetly, it was rush hour at a busy intersection, and im sure 4 other drivers thought i was giving them the finger.. but ohwell. I felt better about the whole thing.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fucking COCK! you should call dispatch back and say you wanna talk to a manager..that's so completely unprofessional! and after you had a rough day already, like you need HIS random aggression thrown at you! i'm sorry you had a bad day honey...next time you're on msn, i'll update you on all the bullshit that kristina kid's been pulling- talk about random bullshit! if i get the energy, i might post in my lj about it..i'm back a week, and already there's so much fucking drama! sometimes i wish i stayed in NZ!

love you sweet girl
kat
ps.. thanks for the post! i love you

Anonymous said...

clarification: i mean thanks for posting on my lj....but yes, thanks for posting a new one on yours as well! you know i get all antsy if i don't get my tiresa fix! lol

love you
kitty xxx

Anonymous said...

What a poo head.

I wonder what the hell is up with the base?? I mean, is it dangerous or sketchy or difficult with shitty roads or something? Do people sling yucky stuff at cab drivers? Water baloons?

You know, maybe he knows that key girl... And maybe they are all in this together...

Oakley said...

i'm afriad how you'd handle taxi drivers in a real city if you get mad at monterey drivers

itinerant_tee said...

hey.. i handled myself just fine. It was HIM that had an issue. The more i think about it the more im convinced he was driving around with a pound of drugs in his trunk. He made the big sceen with me so he wouldnt have to go through the check point. Or maybe his liscence had expired... who knows. I, on the other hand, was nice as nice could be -- like always.

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I am a little dissapointed though, I can understand your shock, but the T I know woulda had the guy in tears and begging for forgiveness within 2 blocks. So what happened with the second cabbie....did you talk about it with him at all? I'm kinda surprised that they even sent a second cab, they obviously must know that the first guy was kinda a dick. And by kinda of course I mean a TOTAL dick. Should that ever happen again, I suggest that you whip your pants down and piss all over his back seat before you get out. If that doesn't work for ya, perhaps you should come armed with anchovies for every cab ride so you can cram a few between the seats. ugh....I may have to go pick a fight of my own now.
Shmeral

itinerant_tee said...

lol.. anchovies. I like that plan. Ive always wondered WHO actually likes those things. I mean, shit.. your sposed to eat em heads and all right? Thats just freaky. I think the best place those little fish belong are the back seat of a cab. FOR SURE. Plus i love the idea of doing my battles with fish. hehehe.

T+M. K. said...

that's pretty bad. should have made him go through the base, and told the guard you thought he was holding dope, and was coming on to you, and that you were traumatized. man he'd get it in the rear.

itinerant_tee said...

LMFAO.. yeah, but then they woulda had to search him, and id pay (literally) for how long it took. But, maybe ill call base and say that if cab #2 comes through there that i think hes a threat and see how that works out.

Anonymous said...

LOL- you all have such great ideas! just call him a terrorist and say he wsa talking all anti- american, which is why you got out...saying he's a threat is ambiguous- make it a positive statement. a positive, terrorist statement. well, that or anchovies! lol you all make me happy!

especially you t
kat

itinerant_tee said...

kat.. ive been looking for you online, but never see you now. I guess those damn kids never give up the computer. When can i find you, totally impossible times like 4am? And.. if you liked my lj post so much, why didnt you add it to your thing?
Hope all is good.
-t-

Anonymous said...

hey baby, haven't been opn the comp during normal waking hours...i MIGHT be a little depressed and have a crazy ass backward sleeping pattern...maybe. lol i miss you so much, i miss talking to you on msn...this sucks. why are all my favourite people so far away?

missing you
kat

itinerant_tee said...

'cause god hates you, and wants you to suffer.

;)

Anonymous said...

ain't that the truth! the only way my life can posibly be explained is by the presence of a slightly insane god- like those kids that used to burn anthills, and then grew up to be cops that beat up streetkids. like that, but with unlimited power.my suffering amuses him, like an ant writhing under a magnifying glass...i don't understand what you mean by "persecution complex"- you can't just make up words tiresa! lol

love you
kat
ps..just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you! well, except it's not "you" so much as me...always me...*sigh*

itinerant_tee said...

lol.. thats a good one too.. i like that. Damn bitter cabbies.. they deserve the worst.