Sunday, February 11, 2007

and so it was a trip to vancouver

Hello hello hello everyone in blog land. Like the new look? I figured, the new year deserves a new look, so i hacked off all my hair, changed my blog back ground, converted it to a new version (im no longer in beta version, whatever the hell that means), and due to a massive perplexion brought on by my frenchi friend mel, i also changed my blog name, to something that will suit me where ever i may end up. My new and improved blog name is now "itinerant_tee" and for those of you who arent scholars, this is what it means:

itinerant \eye-TIN-uhr-uhnt\, adjective:1. Passing or traveling from place to place; wandering.


(dont feel bad, i had to look it up)


So, death to cali t! Death to the old blog... and so long hair. I know its not the biggest picture, but i havent taken any but this one, since i had my hair cut. By the way, thanks Cheryl for the awesome clips. For those of you who dont know, or are totally stupid, that is my mom... Jerrie. (the spelling of my moms name is just for your Kat, as you seem to spell it more and more wrong everytime you try ;)

Vancouver was great. I cant tell you how nice it was to see everyone. Thank you rachel for comming to get me from seattle, and dont worry, you dont have to pay that speeding ticket if you dont plan on going down there ever again. Just think of it this way, I wont make you come back to seattle to get me next time if you havent paid the ticket off by then.





We had a nice little get together at my moms place, and pretty much everyone made an appearance. Even Tanya and scotty... i am totally highly impressed they made it, even if it was close to midnight. After they left, we broke out the trivial persuit pop culture, cause we are that cool, and played till after 1, and finnished off most of the grub (note to blog readers, rosy makes the best chocolate cake IN THE WORLD).
Here are some random shots from that night:


Ya ya ya... i know your thrilled to have your picture posted kat.. but in less you plan on flying down to california, theres really not one damn thing you can do about it... is there? hehehe.. no theres not.

Ha! dont let this picture fool you, neither of these two are sweet OR innocent. Just FYI.


We went to the hudsons landing one night, and though i cant speak for everyone else, i thought it was a blast! I think that may have been my favorite night in town... and thats not just because i got to kick toms ass at pool, but that sure helped. It was just all around a great night. Here is the hudsons landing:

After, we stopped by tom and mels new place so anita and i could see it. Totally cool place. Here is a shot of us, minus mel, on the way up to their suite.
So that, in a nut shell, was my trip to vancouver. There was a few coffees at the grind, lots of good food ( still cant believe there are 14$ salads at earls), and lots of laughs. On a serious note though, i have to say that it was sort of weird going back, I guess even though it hasnt been that long, it feels like its been forever since i had been there, and because so much has changed with me, i guess i was sort of expecting vancouver to have changed as well. On the other hand, i would have been highly upset if i had gotten there and everything was different. Ill say this, it was good to see everyone, and it was especially great to have some time with my mom. I even beat her at scrabble once! Nothing like growing up and beating your parents at the things that they taught you how to do. Feels good... feels damn good. Choke on that mom! hehehehe. Anyway. I love you all, and it was great to see you.


Oh yeah, i have one last thing to say to you guys (for old times sake):


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you and i miss you SO much! it was amazing having you back- on one hand, this excitement at like, OMG, TIRESA"S BACK, and then on the other hand, it felt just so normal and natural to have you back...

yea, so i'm NOT crazy about how i look in photographs..but am confused as to what you meant about me not being that innocent? i don't understand...i'm a GOOD GIRL...yessssssssss......lol

it was awesome seeing everyone, but just amazing getting to spend time with you. misses you and loves you....so fucking much!
kat xxx

itinerant_tee said...

now that ive changed all my names and passwords around im not sure if i can even post under my name anymore. Just what IS my name now. This is why i hate change... cause i cease to be able to function properly.

anyway, provided i can actually post this reply, i miss you too, and it was great seeing you, and thats as mushy as im gunna get. Now tighten up and be a champ.
xxoo

Oakley said...

Even though I had nothing to do with the trip, it was all worth reading just to see the last picture. Huzzah!

itinerant_tee said...

yeah, to be honest though, that last pic was from here in cali. Im being such a good wifey, up at 7am, making the man some breakfast.. and not just any cold cereal breakkie either, were talking cinnimon bun flavored oatmeal, fruit and a glass of milk. Im good a good wifey, and will get up early to do what needs to be done, and i can even be pleasant..... if you just dont screw with me.

Anonymous said...

Dude, what is up with my mouth in that picture? It looks like it was clumsily drawn on, you know, like a straight line mouth, like kids draw?? Ew. Okay, enough about me, lets talk about me AND Tom. Lol, kidding.

Nice new multi-cultural name! You are now free to live anywhere. Though the progression would have been nice-- petawawa_tee, st-martyre_tee, kaboul_tee....

By the way there, wifey Stewart, that means that one-fingered salute came with a cinnamon bun???? :p

mel

itinerant_tee said...

Cinnamon bun flavored INSTANT oatmeal. Come on now, Im not THAT much of a becky home-ecky.

T+M. K. said...

nice blog facelift ;)

there are instructions on our page about how to get rid of that annoying toolbar on top -- take a look if you're interested...

becky home-ecky AHAHAHA that sounds funny...

Anonymous said...

Miss Tiresa..
It was great to see you. I wish we coulda hooked up one more time before you left. You brought us some California Sunshine. The weatherman didn't get my memo about that so I fired him. It was awsome to meet yer mom. I like her. Not as much as the dog liked Kooper however.
We miss you and hope you and Cristopher are well.
Hugs & Kisses to ya!
jen

itinerant_tee said...

LOL.. i dont think anyone could like anyone else as much as the dog liked kooops. Thanks so much for that awesome picture that you gave us, its up already, and looks SO good. Its nice to have something like that to remind me of home. Im so glad that we got a chance to hang out. I had a blast.
Take care sista

Anonymous said...

Kat. Don't listen to Tiresa. You can spell my name anyway you want to and I'll always answer you. And Tiresa...DON'T TELL ANYONE YOU BEAT ME AT SCRABBLE. Cuz I let you win.hahahahahaha. Ok. I didn't let you win. you won in spite of me saying you wouldn't win. damn.

It was wonderful to see you baby and to see all of your friends again. I'm missing you but I'm happy you're happy.

I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when I start moving ALL BY MYSELF. shit. its weird being older and moving alone. you moved me last time.

itinerant_tee said...

I know i know.. I really wish i hadnt had my visit yet, so i could come and help you move. I cant stand the idea that your going to have to pay some one a small fortune to PACK and move you. I bet i have a poor friend that would love to pack for you for a small fee. I may even have a friend that would paint for a small fee too. How much do you need painted, just the hallway upstairs, and one bedroom, or is it more? I think maybe ill make a post (once i post about my oh so wonderful lighthouse tour) to see if anyone wants to make a few bucks and help you out.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I assume nice post. Expressly the title attracted me to review the sound story.